Followers

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Where the Journey Begins



When I was a kid I often drew my dream houses on graph paper.  They were large, had many different rooms, several pools, usually a creek ran throughout the house and almost always were in the shape of a J. 


Fast forward 30 years (give or take) and I have slowly moved towards that big house.  Sadly no pools or creeks and the J shape has eluded me, but there is plenty of square footage.  The house we live in now is about 2700 square feet, a little over average for the U.S. and way under average for the school district we live in.  Even with using two rooms for my counseling office we have plenty of room to store all our stuff.  Seriously...this picture is just my crafting stuff and we have lots of other rooms full of stuff...who needs all this?

I


Several things have happened this year to change my outlook on how big my house needs to be and how much stuff I need to accumulate.  First I made a New Year's Resolution to downsize my stuff.  I was tired of cleaning it, tired of losing it, tired of it always being in my way.  Next, a friend announced that she would be selling her house and moving her family to an RV for a year or two to save money.  That got my wheels turning.  As I started looking into the possibility of moving into something smaller I discovered the Tiny House movement. 

I have a new dream house, a teeny, tiny, super cute dream house. 

tiny house, house

You get the idea.

I invite you to follow our family as we attempt to make this dream a reality.   We know it will be a process and it may take several years, but even if I have to invent a shrinking ray gun, this will happen!



No comments:

Post a Comment