Followers

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

We are (technically) moved in

Here is a quick rundown of how picking up the RV went.  

We got up super early on my birthday to go to Dallas and learn how to use our new home.  It was so cold, but we got to learn all the ins and outs of setting it up, taking care of poop, keeping it warm and cool etc.  Plus I got to see how the sweet patio works.  The picture is a bit blurry, but that's how I seem to roll when I take pictures.


We spent about 3 hours in training and we were ready to go.  Except the person who was to drive this thing to the campground for us was driving RV's to the Forth Worth RV show.  We waited and waited and finally decided to go home with promises from our sales guy to keep us updated.  Three hours later I called and he was still, "working on it".  Finally got my husband to call and found out we wouldn't get it until morning.  I was crushed...I know in the grand scheme of things it wouldn't matter, but I was ready to start moving in.  

Finally the next morning it got there bright and early.  But they had forgotten to bring the power cord.  Luckily the heat does not need electricity and so we started moving stuff in.  By the time we went and got our second load the power cord was there and we were in business.

We did a total of 3 van loads and 2 car loads of stuff.  And my dream of putting away stuff as we unloaded it from the car vanished.  It got thrown in and we did our best.  What is that game called where you have to get the car out of the puzzle.  You move the pieces around in order to make room for the car to exit.  That is what the RV is right now.  A giant puzzle.  Every time we want to do something, we have to move 6 things and hope to not get distracted before we actually do the original task.



I took these pictures after one or two loads of stuff.  It's worse now.  I kinda freaked out last night, wondering what I had gotten myself into.  I know it always stinks when you first move in to a place because you can't find anything.  This is just a bit more complicated by the fact that it is so tiny.  But my daughter is all moved in and set up.  My 16 year old son told me he really liked it this morning.  And if you know him, that is huge.  He will love something and never let you know.  Chaos doesn't affect him much.  My daughter is not happy right now, but she hates chaos and I expect it will get better for both of us once we can move about properly.  And on that note...I am going to continue unpacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment