Followers

Thursday, November 13, 2014

What I'm going to miss

I'm expecting to miss some parts of living in a house.  I wanted to post about them so I could look back in 6 months and see how accurate or off I was.

Here is what I expect I will miss in no particular order:

1.  My washer and dryer.  I have always wanted a nice set and we got them this past January when we moved into this house.  The RV has room for a washer/dryer combo until that can hold about 3 pairs of socks.  Hopefully washing clothes at the laundry mat isn't too awful.  I'm going to miss being able to "iron" Ryan's clothes in the dryer every morning.



2.  Parking my car in the garage.  Ever since the hail storm in 2011 that demolished both of our cars I have wanted to keep my car safe in the garage.  Plus it's a bonus on cold days like today.


3.  The ice and water in the fridge.  Our fridge will be much smaller.  That I can deal with, but I'm going to miss having ice and water pop out of the front of the fridge at my convenience.  



4.  The garbage disposal.  I can't remember the last time I didn't have one of these.  I wonder how many times I'm going to accidentally put something down the drain that I'm not supposed to.  


That is all I can come up with right now.  Here are some things I won't miss:

1.  My huge rent payment.

2.  Taking care of and storing stuff that I don't need or want.

3.  $300+ electric bills

4.  The impossible task of getting the entire house cleaned at one time.

5.  The feeling that every time I sit down I should be doing something to upkeep the house instead.

6.  Yard work

7.  That feeling that I should decorate my house super cute, but don't have the budget or drive to do so.

8.  The stress of how am I going to pay my bills when my client load is down this month.

9.  Having to go upstairs 6 times in the morning to be sure the kids are awake.

10.  Having to yell up to the kids when dinner is ready.  

I'm sure there are more for both lists.  But it's a good start I think.  What do you think you would miss most if you drastically downsized?


1 comment: