Followers

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Where are we now?

So here is a quick snapshot of our thought process over the last two months.  

We really wanted that park home.  We checked out the local RV parks.  They vehemently let us know that we could not put a park home in an RV park.  Something about the size, the fact that it doesn't have RV hookups, etc.  But they own the park, they get to set the rules...even if I don't like it.

We looked at buying land to put one on.  We found that the local ordinances will not allow us to do that.  We live in suburbia...we cannot be putting such rubbish on our property :)  

(Hideous isn't it) :P

We forgot about it for a while when we got busy with life.

We thought about moving to an apartment instead.  After visiting several complexes we have learned that after renting an apartment capable of housing the 4 of us and finding me an office we will be spending the same or more money each month.  Unless we moved into the one complex that looked like drug deals were going on all over the place.  I'm not willing to go there.

We briefly considered living in a mobile home park.  When I really thought about the environment of a mobile home park versus an RV park I suddenly realized that I would enjoy the atmosphere of an RV park more.  I think we would get to meet interesting people and learn about living on the road in an RV which is our eventual goal.  

We started thinking outside the box.  How could we make an RV work?  As I started looking at floor plans I got to thinking how this could be possible.  We came up with an idea and talked to the kids about it.  They were of course a little hesitant, but did not object.  We found something that looked like it would work.  

So we went to check this particular RV out.  It didn't feel right in my gut, but we put down a deposit.  It fit all our needs, I just thought I was needing to look around more because that is how I function.  I need to feel like I have done my homework.  

A couple days later we went to check out the exact same model of RV, it was just a lot less expensive.  It was too beat up for our needs.  But....they had new models on the lot and we found the perfect one.  And this one felt much better to my gut.  A day later and we now own (or the bank owns for us) an RV.  The process was scarily easy to complete.





So now...all we have to do is decide what we are going to keep, sell all our stuff, figure out which RV park we want to live in and find an office for me.  By the beginning of January.  Not to mention keep on working and doing all the usual holiday stuff.  It's exciting, scary and overwhelming at once.


No comments:

Post a Comment